dad’s books didn’t have this many pictures.
I mean, who wouldn’t want to learn about Molecular Biology from a dancing pixie fairy type girl.
The Manga Guide to Molecular Biology (Manga Guide to Science)
[caption id="attachment_2638" align="alignright" width="222" caption="Learn about DNA from pixie fairies."][/caption]
Rin and Ami have been skipping molecular biology class all semester, and Professor Moro has had enough-he’s sentencing them to summer school on his private island. But they’re in store for a special lesson. Using Dr. Moro’s virtual reality machine to travel inside the human body, they’ll get a close-up look at the fascinating world of molecular biology.
Join them in The Manga Guide to Molecular Biology
, and learn all about DNA, RNA, proteins, amino acids, and more. Along the way, you’ll see chemical reactions first-hand and meet entertaining characters like Enzyme Man and Drinkzilla, who show how the liver metabolizes alcohol.
Together with Ami and Rin, you’ll learn all about:
- The organelles and proteins inside cells, and how they support cellular functions
- The processes of transcription and translation, and your genes’ role in synthesizing proteins
- The pieces that make up our genetic code, like nucleotides, codons, introns, and exons
- The processes of DNA replication, mitosis and cytokinesis
- Genetic technology like transduction and cloning, and the role of molecular biology in medicine
Whether you need a molecular biology refresher or you’re just fascinated by the science of life, The Manga Guide to Molecular Biology
will give you a uniquely fun and informative introduction.
And when you are done with that, check out: The Manga Guide to Calculus
I might actually buy one just for the heck of it, given that I slept through most of my math classes in school.